Monday, September 8, 2014

One More!

What it is, everyone!

One more transfer, one more area, one more stake. Yep, this week I was transferred to Divinópolis, my new companion is Elder Souto, and I'm crazy excited. So many miracles before the end.

1) Dream Come True- So let's back-track six months to the week before I left the mission office. President Fortunato was working on transfers, and I knew I would be leaving. One night, a few days before I found out my new area, I had a dream I was going to Divinópolis. President asked me, "where do you want to go," and I said Divinópolis.

And he sent me to Ipatinga! I take that back, the Lord sent me to Ipatinga to see so many miracles, change lives, and be a part of the stake creation.

But last week I got the call--transferred. To Divinópolis. Which, you guessed it, is the next on the list of stakes to be created in Minas Gerais, Brazil. I'm loving it here. We're working like crazy to send off the papers for one more stake. I'm not done yet!

2) Far-Away Places- Soon after arriving in the area, we decided to work in a new neighborhood a little distant from the chapel, so relatively few missionaries have worked there recently. However, at one point the area had a functioning branch with an attendance of 50, so we figured there must be a lot of potential. We arrived and started visiting everyone.

And we began to find person after person accepting baptism, less active after less active that wants to return but just needs a little push. Our new investigators are having dreams confirming the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, members 15 years absent from church are bearing testimony to their neighbors...we're pretty excited!

3) How I Feel- One of the touching experiences from this week in finding new investigators was with a family--mother, father, and daughter. At the end of the lesson, I invited the father to be baptized on the 20th if he felt the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the existence of a true restored church. He quickly responded, "I have no doubt that what you're saying is true. I feel different while you're talking. Since the moment you talked to me in the street, I knew there was something different about you two. You know when you just feel that something is true? That's what I'm feeling right now."

So...that was cool. The Holy Ghost truly bears witness of the truth, and I can see that so clearly when teaching people with an open heart. This message that we bear is true--Joseph Smith was a prophet, and Christ's church has been restored on the earth.

And that's the same way I feel. I can't deny that it's true. I know it. I love this work, I love being a missionary, and I plan on taking advantage of every last moment.

Stay strong, keep to the faith, and don't ever give in to despair. Have hope--the future is as bright as your faith.

Much Love,

Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment