Monday, October 8, 2012

This is the Place!

Welcome, everyone, to my blog! This is actually the real life Alex Burt posting, setting things up before I go. I just want everyone reading this in the future (which I'm sure will number in the thousands) to understand where and why I'm going. To begin with, let's look at the where.


Belo Horizonte: My soon-to-be home
My mission is called the "Belo Horizonte, Brazil" mission, but it actually envelops a much larger area. So I won't actually stay in this beautiful city the whole time. My full mission area covers about 400 miles north to south and 300 miles east to west. Belo Horizonte is located in the state of Minas Geiras, which is directly north of Sao Paulo and Rio De Janerio. So, sadly, I will not be able to visit the beach at all. Not that missionaries are generally allowed there anyway, I suppose...

But I am supremely excited that I will still have the beautiful green of the northwest and not the nasty brown of Utah. Sorry BYU, but I don't attend you for the environment.

Also, I will be leaving our wonderful extended summer here in Washington to another THREE full months of summer. That's right, south of the equator for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment